Friday 13 January 2012

Spider-Man

I got a Spider-Man coffee table book for Christmas.  "Why?" you may ask.  "Because I'm a geek," I might say.  The book as you would imagine is loaded with artwork of the character from days gone by and it got me in the mood to do my own take on him.  I've drawn Spider-Man a lot over the years as many kids did growing up so this isn't necessarily new ground for me but it's the first time I've really put my own distinct stamp on him and I kinda like it.  The long arms sort of happened by accident but it seems so appropriate for an arachnid, so I left it that way.


I did all of these fairly quick and they're kinda rough but I like em.  Maybe one day I'll do a properly rendered version or fully coloured one, that'd be cool.  I also did a bunch of quick gesture drawings.  If I was ever gonna draw a Spider-Man comic I think I'd need to put in a lot of practice on his posing to really do the character justice...he's so much cooler when he's contorted into those awkward poses.  I left these gesture drawings out on the table and my cousin immediately recognized them as Spider-Man without seeing the other drawings, I think that means I'm on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment