Sunday 16 March 2014

Jungle Space Girl

Still been a little slack about posting here, but I'm still trying to get better at that.

Here's Jungle Space Girl!


I love looking at comic art.  Especially since I got an ipad a couple years ago.  I'll sit on the couch, Google an artist I like or just heard about for the first time and flip through their work.  I also love looking at old sci-fi, horror, and crime comic art.  The covers for those old comics are particularly cool.  And pulp novel covers too.  Recurring themes you'll find in those old comics and novels is the Space Girl with the dome helmet or the Jungle Girl in an animal skin bikini.  I thought it'd be fun to do a mash up of the two, so I drew this on the bus.

Then I drew it bigger, better, cleaner and coloured it.


If you like this I've actually got a store at Society 6 now where you can buy prints of it and some of my other stuff.  You can get t-shirts and hoodies, mugs, clocks, iphone cases and even pillows.  Check it out here if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment