Thursday 1 December 2011

Welcome to the Outhouse

I don't know what's taken me so long to get into blogging.  It seems so natural for a cartoonist...it's the perfect place to post and share stuff.  I can't make excuses...but I can tell you that I've recently gotten addicted to the blogs of a ton and half of talented artists and that more than anything is what has finally made me start.  Actually, I'm lying to you already...this isn't actually my first blog...a couple weeks ago I started a webcomic and I decided do it in blog form, it's called Cowman, you can check it out here.  That's the last time you'll catch me in a lie though, I promise.  I'm making the 'scout's honour' hand signal right now, I was never a scout though, so I can't be sure I'm doing it right.  See.  Honesty. 
I can also tell you that I've been keeping pretty busy.  I'm a freelance animator and cartoonist and a few years ago I decided to attempt the impossible and make a feature length animated movie called "The Case of the Midnight Murderer," which as you may assume has eaten up a lot of my time.  Cowman was something I started whenever I needed a break from that project in order to keep myself sane.  One annoying habit I've had my entire life though is consuming myself with projects like that and not giving myself enough time to doodle.  You come up with some pretty cool stuff when you just let yourself riff on a piece of paper and I'm hoping this blog will help encourage me to do more of that.  I get inspired sometimes to draw something that looks great in my head and then just don't take the time to do it because I keep my plate so full all the time.  Well this movie of mine is almost finished folks so I'm hoping to make up for some lost drawing.  I'm working on sound mixing the flick right now so it might take me a while to start posting with any regularity but it should happen.  I'll be making an effort anyway!  And dammit I'm gonna have some fun too!  In the meantime here's a behind the scenes Newsreel of myself at Outhouse Cartoons:

No comments:

Post a Comment