Thursday 16 February 2012

Rock 101

I wake up to the Bro Jake Show every morning...
I love classic rock and 101 is my station.  When I worked at the Animation Brewery I used to have it pouring out of my headphones all day, every day...and some of those were loooooooong days.  I'm not quite as religious with it as I used to be...I discovered a few podcasts among other things, and I'm a Stern fan too so I mix it up a bit now but my clock radio still plays the Bro Jake Show every morning.  These guys here?  This is Jake, Mike and Alece.
I used to animate shadows and highlights at Ooga Booga Studio, and just before I scanned this drawing I got the idea to approach this the same way those commercials I worked on were done.  It's a neat effect with those harder shadows.  It's done by drawing the shadow shapes on another piece of paper and the hightlights on another piece of paper again.  The shadows are painted black, the highlights white, then you drop the opacity and layer them on top of one another.  This is only one drawing...imagine doing 24 shadow and highlight layers for every second of animation.  I don't have to...I did it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is Alece from the bro Show... we love this picture!! posted it on our facebook page today! We'd love to talk to ya! email me.. alece@rock101.com

    ReplyDelete