Tuesday 31 January 2012

Vincent Price

      
        Vincent Price was a cool guy, and underrated comically too.  Have you ever seen "His Kind of Woman" with Robert Mitchum and Jane Russell?  I don't love the movie, but it's not bad and Vincent plays Jane's clueless husband in it, he's hilarious and the best part of the movie.  A far cry from the more ghoulish roles that he was most famous for throughout his career.  He also voiced one of my favorite all time Disney characters, Ratigan from "The Great Mouse Detective."  He's a big mean and nasty looking rat with this flamboyant Vincent Price personality.  Awesome.  The ghoulish stuff is cool though too, I love those old B-horror and sci-fi flicks. 
       I like drawing caricatures but I don't do it too often and I've been wanting to change that.  I also realized I don't very often do fully rendered pencil sketches any more so I got it in my head to tackle both with this drawing.  Here're some of the quick sketches I did to get the ball rolling:

No comments:

Post a Comment